Being a mum is one of the hardest jobs in the entire world. You have no sleep, privacy and care for yourself anymore because you have another human relying on you. As wonderful and worthwhile as it is, when you’re a mum you use anything you can to make the day a little bit easier. Here is a list of tips and tricks that I have learnt in the last 5 weeks since my little one has been born.
- Youtube compilations of nursery rhymes. They are the saving grace in life. You can get 8 hour compilations of jack and Jill went up the hill and London bridge is falling down and as much as I love singing to my baby after the 40th time at 5am twinkle twinkle little star doesn’t sound so melodic.
- full fat fizzy drinks I think that this is only so wonderful for me because I don’t drink tea or coffee but i thoroughly look forward to my 10 pm half a litre of cola and it’s even better because I’m breastfeeding i’m allowed an extra 500 calories per day Haii.
- front facing phone cameras There’s nothing worse than after just feeding your little one, putting them over your shoulder, feeling them snuggle into your neck and realising when you take them off to go to bed that they are wide awake. Front facing cameras are the best things that have ever been invented and has saved me multiple sleepless nights.
- Baby wipes Baby wipes for everything. Baby wipes for babies, baby wipes for sick, baby wipes for makeup, baby wipes for spillages. BABY WIPES GALORE
- Papooses oh sweet Jesus, if anybody ever tells you that they don’t think they’re going to have a papoose when they are pregnant, pick their ass up and take them to the nearest mothercare because they are the most incredible inventions in the entire universe. If I didn’t have one, I would never be able to go out of the flat when no one else is here, living in a block of flats. I would never be able to do the washing up or wash the clothes as I have the most clingy baby in the entire world.
- Rupaul’s Drag race Anyone that knows me knows that I think that Rupaul’s drag race is the most wonderful is the most incredible invention in the universe but it’s also incredible for babies with all of the bright colours. Leo will refuse to lay down without screaming and screaming so we sometimes put it on when he is being changed and he loves it (maybe we have a drag queen in the making).